We are now officially one week out from Volunteer Orientation on March 7th at 5:30 PM! An “open-house” style event, Orientation is the time to learn about the Festival events for which you are volunteering! See below on what to expect:
How does it work?
Each room is assigned a different event or topic for you to learn, each with half hour sessions (with the exception of Parade, this has only one (1 – hour) session). Throughout the night, you’ll have the opportunity to visit up to FOUR different presentations. The sessions all start and stop at the sound of a bell! You do not need to be signed up for an event to attend the session.
How do you make the most of this time?
- Visit the room for each of the events you are signed up for or are interested in.
- Signed up for Tidal Basin or a Merchandise Shift at Union Station? It would be helpful to attend the Information Session as well since you will be interacting with the most tourists.
- Ask questions! Festival Staff will be stationed throughout the event so ask away!
- Sign up for shifts in the Innovation Center! There will be giveaways for onsite signups!
- Introduce yourself to your fellow volunteers!
- Returning Volunteer? Pick up your 2017 Pin!
Schedule of Events
5:30pm – Doors Open, Snacks Available
6:00pm – Opening Remarks in Lobby by the Snacks
6:05pm – 1st Bell, head to your 1st class!
6:35pm – 2nd Bell, 2nd Class and Parade Session Begins
7:05pm – 3rd Bell, next class or visit Other Programs, check out Merchandise, or learn about the Festival at Information!
7:35pm – 4th Bell…last class or utilize this time to seek out staff and get your questions answered!
8:00pm – Event Concludes, see you next at the Festival!
Orientation Map – Plan your evening ahead of time!
Microsoft Innovation & Policy Center
901 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Please RSVP HERE, and don’t forget to bring your PHOTO ID!
See you on Wednesday, March 7th!
Can’t make 2018 Volunteer Orientation? We’ll have a few of the presentations available for download afterwards. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a presentation.